Keep Clean and Stay Healthy with an Air Purifier
May 29th, 2019
You want to keep your home clean so that there is no dirt and dust floating around. How do you do this? You vacuum but you may be overlooking cleaning the air for a healthy environment.
How do you clean the air? Air purifiers are a great item to help eliminate chemicals, microparticles and odours from your home. Cleaner air reduces the transfer of bacteria and chemicals into your lungs. You can keep your home healthy by choosing a quality air purifier from the Vacuum Specialists.
Clean Air = Clean Health
What types of indoor pollution are in your air?
- Radon and Carbon Monoxide: Colourless, odourless gases that can cause many health concerns. The breakdown of uranium in soil outside can seep into cracks and enter your home releasing what is known as radon. Radon poisoning can result in coughing, wheezy breath, or even chest pains to name just some issues. Overexposure to Carbon Monoxide can result in unconsciousness, blurred vision, or possible death. Where does carbon monoxide come from? The burning of fossil fuel in items such as furnaces and stoves.
- Microbial Growth: A bacterial growth usually from dampness as a result of condensation. Fungus can grow on wood and soft surfaces in your home releasing toxins into the air.
- Allergens and Particulates: Dust, pet dander, smoke and pollen are all allergens and particulates that enter the air on a daily basis. Common activities such as playing with your dog or opening the window for fresh air can increase the number of allergens in your home.
- Infections: Coughing and sneezing transfers bacteria to you through the air. When contaminated air lingers in your home, you are exposed to illness from flu and cold viruses.
- Toxic Compounds: Chemicals from building materials, carpet, furniture, and paint can cause you to feel ill. Cleaning products can also leave behind airborne chemicals in your home.
Air purifiers help take pollutants out of your air by cleaning it through continual filtration. You can breathe easy knowing this system is working to help improve your health.
Air purifiers come in a variety of sizes and types. You may want something for a small room in your home or perhaps you need a purifier for the entire house. Ask the Vacuum Specialists how different air purifiers work and which one is right for you.
Get a Fresh Smell With
an Air Purifier
Do you live in an apartment building where you always smell what your neighbours are having for dinner? Maybe the scents are pleasant but maybe they make you want to gag. Either way, an air purifier is your solution to fresh smelling air.
How does an air purifier freshen your surroundings? By attracting airborne particles into the filters, trapping and absorbing odours and particulates. Filters need to be replaced or washed regularly depending on the type of air purifier you choose.
Next time you vacuum your house, think about sucking out dust and debris from the air too. An air purifier will give your home the ultimate freshness you desire.