Vacuum cleaners should last you for years but without proper maintenance, your cleaning machine can fail, costing you extra money for a new vacuum. A new vacuum can put a dent in your budget but without one, cleaning is near impossible. So, what do you do? Ensure you get vacuum servicing at regular intervals.
How often do you need to have your vacuum serviced?
Every 12 months is the recommended time frame for service.
What is involved in vacuum servicing?
Your vacuum service specialist should provide you with the following:
- Checking for external damage on your vacuum’s housing
- Looking for physical defects
- Ensuring the knobs are operable
- Replacing the bags and filters
- Make sure the belt is at its proper position on the roller brush
- Disinfect and deodorize your vacuum
- Clean the outside and inside
- Filter inlets and clear the exhaust of obstructions and clean these parts
- Hoses checked for any leaking
- Checking to make sure the vacuum is performing properly
- Looking for the working order of internal wires and fuses
- Motor checked to be in working order, including carbon brushes and bearings
- Checking for the functioning of flexible cords
Does the cost of servicing the vacuum include parts, if needed?
It will depend on your warranty, make of your vacuum and style.
What are some of the signs your vacuum needs to be serviced?
- There is no power coming from the vacuum
- Suction power has been lost
- Louder than normal vacuum sounds or strange noises coming from the vacuum such as rattling or vibration
- Smelly vacuum even after you change the bag/filter, especially if the smells are burning smells
- Excessively hot vacuum or your vacuum heating up way more than normal along with a burning smell
What should you check for when looking for a vacuum servicing specialist?
- Ensure the company you pick is fully registered and licensed to work on your vacuum
- Since your vacuum is an electrical piece of equipment, make sure the technicians are experienced electricians
Vacuum Specialists in Calgary and Airdrie offer repairs and services for your vacuum no matter when you bought it. With free repair and service estimates and the lowest price guarantee, you can count on Vacuum Specialists to take care of one of the most vital pieces of equipment in your home.
It is important to take your vacuum to get professionally serviced even before any negative symptoms arise. You want to keep your vacuum working to its full capacity. Postponing service could be detrimental to the life of your vacuum cleaner. Your house and allergies will thank you for a fully serviced, well-working machine.