What is a Good Powerful Commercial Vacuum?
June 11th, 2020
When choosing a high-quality commercial vacuum, there is a lot to consider what works best for your cleaning requirements. Generally, there are three types of commercial vacuums to consider: upright, canister, and backpack vacuums.
At Vacuum Specialists, we’re committed to helping you find the right equipment that meets your needs. We’ve created this guide that lists the pros and cons of each type of vacuum to give you a better understanding and lends a hand in your buying decision.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners
Most commonly known as the “traditional vacuum cleaner”, upright vacuums have both the motor and powerhead in the front. They require less bending down and, on average, tend to be the cheaper option out of commercial vacuums.
▪ Motorized brushes are useful for cleaning carpets and rugs
▪ Smooth transition between bare floors and carpets
▪ Have a wider cleaning path
▪ Easy storage with no accessories to dismount
▪ Can be heavy and difficult to drag back and forth
▪ Harder to use on stairs
▪ Less effective for tight corners and hard to reach places
Canister Vacuum Cleaners
With canister vacuums, the vacuum unit is attached to the cleaning nozzle at the end of a wand. The canister contains the engine, filter, and dust bags and has wheels so that it can be dragged by the user.
▪ More powerful than upright vacuum cleaners
▪ Better suction for easier and faster cleaning
▪ Lighter and easy to carry
▪ Better maneuverability for stairs, tight spaces, and hard to reach spots
▪ Quieter than upright vacuum cleaners
▪ More versatile cleaning with a range of tools, including upholstery brush, crevice nozzle for small spaces, and a mechanized brush for carpets and rugs
▪ Some assembly is required before using
▪ Not as practical for quick use
▪ Harder to store with the hose and wand
▪ Requires more bending and arm motions
A backpack vacuum cleaner allows for more freedom of motion and without any obstruction from chords and canisters. This is a popular choice for commercial vacuum use.
▪ Ideal for large spaces that require maneuverability
▪ The long, thin wand allows for longer reach
▪ More efficient cleaning
▪ Can clean most floor surfaces
▪ The most ergonomically friendly option
▪ Though lightweight, carrying a machine on your back can be tiring
▪ If used incorrectly, backpack vacuum cleaners can place more straight on your back
When it comes to commercial vacuums, there are endless options in the market today. The question remains, “Which one should I get?”
Vacuum Specialists gives you access to the most dependable brands and a professional team that has reviewed the best high-quality vacuums available. Call today for expert advice when choosing the right commercial grade vacuum.